Hello friends,
So a lot has happened since February... and it almost seems like we are running out of time before the event actually takes place!
Our posters and postcards should be back from the printers within days and tickets are now for sale!
$20 for early bird / $25 for regular
each ticket comes with one free drink ticket
*virgin or alcoholic - please drink responsibly
If you are interested in attending the gala, please contact us right away (cuttin.it.for.cancer@gmail.com) since tickets are limited and will sell out!
We are still accepting pledges for our hair donors, its now a race to see which one of us can raise the most funds for the Canadian Cancer Society.
We are also still on the search for stylists. Meg and I approached the Fiorio studio yesterday in hopes that some of their stylists will be interested in getting involved, the Aveda studio will also be contacted.
Last night we had a meeting at the Comedy Bar to figure out some more finite details and logistics of the night. It was an interesting experience to say the least, but there is nothing that my girls can't figure out, let's just hope my father can put up with us driving all of our things back and forth! But just being in the venue is exciting - I can see it all happening before my eyes.
Now we are just tying up loose ends and doing all of our confirmations... its incredible to see how many people have gotten involved in this project - from donors to sponosor to hair donors to live entertainers to artists to volunteers. Its just so heartwarming to see all these people come together and it will be even more wonderful on the day at the event.
Also, we have a facebook event listing - hopefully it will help encourage our ticket sales. Check it out:
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/event.php?eid=52386003203
Sari and Shane Kirshenblatt just offered us four of their ponytails - this is exciting too since we have surpassed our goal of 12 ponytails to donate to Beautiful Lengths by Pantene. Fingers crossed for the $10, 000 donation to the Canadian Cancer Society.
I am now confident that I'm am well versed in Constitution writing! I just seeked legal councel as to how to open our bank account (the bank required a Constitution from us and my College Council experience kicked in....), even though its really formal - I think that next year we should govern ourselves soley pertaining to this Constitution. Its very infomative and helpful if I don't say so myself.
The silent auction items are now rolling in, Meg and I are gushing over all the fantastic items!! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW SO THAT YOU CAN BID ON THEM!!!
Well that is all for now - check out our wonderful website and we hope to see you at the event!
www.cuttinitforcancer.com
Cheers,
Steph
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment