Steph Law

Age: 24
Anticipated length to donate: 12"
How and Why involved: Steph is the Event and Organization Co-Chair of Cuttin' It For Cancer, and will be donating her hair to the cause. This is her first independent event and she is pleased to know that it is a fundraiser to honour a very worthy cause. This fundraiser has given her the opportunity to gather many other artists such as herself to bring awareness and selflessness to the community.
Who are you honouring with this haircut: Her paternal grandmother and greatgrandmother, Uncle John and Aunty Bern. "Some of the strongest and most influencial people in my life are cancer survivors. I've changed my mind about cutting my hair numerous time throughout the process of organizing this event. I have always had long hair and adore it very much. However, then I think about the hardships that they had to endure while fighting cancer that cutting my hair seems like such a small price in comparison."
How and Why involved: Steph is the Event and Organization Co-Chair of Cuttin' It For Cancer, and will be donating her hair to the cause. This is her first independent event and she is pleased to know that it is a fundraiser to honour a very worthy cause. This fundraiser has given her the opportunity to gather many other artists such as herself to bring awareness and selflessness to the community.
Who are you honouring with this haircut: Her paternal grandmother and greatgrandmother, Uncle John and Aunty Bern. "Some of the strongest and most influencial people in my life are cancer survivors. I've changed my mind about cutting my hair numerous time throughout the process of organizing this event. I have always had long hair and adore it very much. However, then I think about the hardships that they had to endure while fighting cancer that cutting my hair seems like such a small price in comparison."
Shera
Everett SinghShera is extremely excited and pleased to have been asked to be a part of the Cuttin’ It for Cancer Committee. Having graduated from the same Fine Arts Faculty as our chairs, and with a keen interest in not-for-profit event organization, the opportunity to combine the artistic talents of emerging artists, with a community-based benefit was one that could not be turned down. As well, having had multiple family members affected by many different types of cancer, this was a project to support those who have fought, those who are still fighting, and those who have triumphed.
Erin
JasiuraAge: 26
So what's my deal? : Unfortunately cancer has touched all of our lived in one way or another, and I would like to dedicate my contribution to this fundraiser to my friends and family who could not win their battles with cancer. However, out of sorrow can come great things. I feel fortunate that i am able to use my creative talents and support the creative talents of others to not only raise money for cancer research, but also to encourage local artists to display their talents through our silent auction and live performances. I consider myself very lucky to be part of this event, and even luckier to be acquainted with such amazing, caring people who have donated time, talent, and hair.
Scarlet O'Neill and Meaghan Maguire's photos are on their way!
Name: Meaghan Maguire
Age:24
How involved and why: Meg is the Event and Organization Co-Chair. Meg is also donating her hair for the cause. "It's something that i can actually do. It is easy to feel hopeless with a disease that has broken so many loved ones down, has taken so many loved ones away. Steph and myself both wanted to do this for a while, and when we mentioned it to our friends, they also wanted to get involved. We inspired eachother. Cuttin' It For Cancer grew out of brainstorming and seeing how we could all use the best of our talents together."
Estimated amount of inches donated: 9'
Name: Scarlet O’Neill
Age: 24
Why: Cancer has touched many loved ones in my life and people I have yet to meet. I am taking part in this event to help out the best way that I can. I think that its important to be a part of something that means something and am happy to be a part of Cuttin’ it for Cancer.
Donating: I will be donating a series of framed photographs that tributes people in my life that have overcome something difficult or helped others in overcoming something troublesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment